If you love card combinations, and love playing poker games, but can’t bluff to save your life, you might want to play video poker.
Also, if you enjoy playing slots, video poker is similar. It adds a level of skill to the game, increasing the odds in your favor. You have the ability to discard and draw, and the better hand you build, the better the payout. It’s easy to learn Video Poker and, as mentioned, you have the chance to influence the outcome the game.
How Video Poker Works
How a hand in Video Poker is played The rules of Video Poker differ a lot from regular poker games. The major difference is that in Video Poker you’re only playing against a machine and not other players. This is how a hand in Video Poker is played:
- The player makes a bet.
- The machine gives the player five cards.
- The players decide which cards to keep and which to discard.
- The player’s discards are replaced by the machine.
- The player is paid off (or loses the bet) according to the value the hand.
Types of Video Poker
Different types of Video Poker Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, Joker Wild; the list continues. You’ll have several games to choose from, and the Video Poker rules differ slightly from game to game:
- In Deuces Wild the deuces are wild. For example, this makes a hand like five of a Kind possible.
- In Jacks or Better a pair of Jacks is the lowing ranking paying hand.
- In Jokers Wild a Joker is included in the deck. The Joker is wild and can be counted as any card. This makes hands like five of a Kind and Joker Royal Flush possible.
Choosing a Video Poker Machine
There are no official video poker rules regarding payouts. Whichever machine offers the best, that’s the one you want to choose. Notice especially the payout for a flush and for a full-house. A full-house is one hand better than a flush, and some machines offer a better payout. For example, nine credits for a full-house and five for a flush. Other machines will offer less: 7/5 or 6/5. Play the higher payout machines, and play your maximum bet on each draw.
Know your hand
When you learn how to play video poker hand ranking is one of the most important things. You have to know the value of hands; when to discard and when to stay. These games offer the ability to discard all five cards, and sometimes, you’ll have a hand full of nothing and you’ll want to do just that. There are lots of useful Video Poker tips available on the Internet. Knowing when to keep cards will help your potential of building a strong hand and winning more money!